What music fan is not interested in checking out new music?
I’ve got 5 new artists that will be playing here over the next twenty-five days. If you are familiar with any of these five, or if you’ve got others to suggest, I encourage you to leave a comment below.
1) If you like Buddy Holly, Jerry Lee Lewis, Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, with a little Rockabilly and Americana thrown in, then come on out for Ryan Cain & The Ables on Friday night. Based in West Virginia, Ryan Cain & The Ables play traditional rockabilly/hillbilly and western swing music – “a musical journey paying tribute to the pioneers of rock and roll, rockabilly and early country music.”
2) If you like Adele, Fiona Apple, ZZ Ward and Delta Rae, then you must check out Jillette Johnson on Sunday, September 1st.
She is on fire promoting her hot new album “Water In A Whale” and fans went wild when she opened up for Delta Rae this past year at Rams Head Live! An avid supporter of anti-bullying awareness and LGBT, below is one of her most watched music videos of the song “Cameron”:
3) For fans of Kings of Leon, Snow Patrol, The Fray and Coldplay, the band Satellite will be performing along with Jillette on Sunday. We just LOVE a two-for-one show! And a little known fact, band-mate Mitch Allen (lead guitar, backing vocals) is also the lead singer of the band SR-71. This show’s got TALENT written all over it.
4) If you like Ingrid Michaelson, Regina Spektor, Norah Jones and Billy Holiday, then you’ll really enjoy Kat Edmonson’s show on September 13th. I’d say go ahead and bring a date to this one, because you’ll be all warm and squishy after the show (oh, but the guys will be all masculine and manly…).
5) Fans of Tommy Emmanuel, Joe Satriani, John Scofield, and stellar guitar-work will most definitely be impressed with Joe Robinson, here on September 22nd for an All Ages Matinee.
The gifted young virtuoso has redefined himself as a budding pop-world visionary, deftly walking a tightrope between the instrumental music that’s put him in the spotlight and a unique fusion of vocally based rock, blues, jazz, country and R&B that’s entirely his own. He was the winner of TV’s Australia’s Got Talent in 2008, and the Australian National Songwriting Competition at age of 13. With his new album Let Me Introduce You, Robinson has made a daring quantum leap.
So there you have it. Come on out!